Thursday, December 10, 2009

Things I love the most

This is a "combo post" since I have things to blog about that took place over a span of a week or more.

A few days ago Delaney was at the kitchen table while Nate, Diego & I were sitting in the living room talking. Delaney was happily drawing at the table when I look over & see her putting her head down on her paper. I'm trying to figure out what exactly she's doing until it dawns on me that she's trying to trace her own head! A few seconds later, while she has no clue that I'm watching her, she picks up her leg & puts it on the table and tries to trace it as well. I couldn't help but start cracking up & of course, Nate & Diego are laughing too. She gets mad & tells us to stop laughing at her. She has such an attitude! She later brings over a couple of her drawings to show me her work and I was totally surprised & impressed. She traced her own hand so well and drew a picture of a robot that had real arms, legs, eyes, nose, mouth AND even a bellybutton. Most 3 yr olds don't draw at this level and I was very surprised. She then drew a caterpillar that LOOKED just like one. Again, I was impressed.

So, yesterday I got out of the shower & she was watching me get dressed. She always comments on how she likes my underwear and thinks it's very pretty. Well, today was no different but she added a new one. She said, "mommy, I really think your underwear is so pretty!" "Mommy, um, why does your underwear go INSIDE your butt?" I was cracking up, but nicely told her that some moms like to wear underwear that isn't visible through their clothes & they're called thongs. Uh, think I gave her too much info?? I can see this coming back to bite me in the butt when I find out she shared this little story during sharing time in preschool. Oh boy!

Last night the kids were allowed, by Nate, to sleep in our bed. I opt to sleep elsewhere when this happens as I NEED my sleep! Anyway, the kids always talk when they're in our bed if we're not in there. I hear them talking and then the talking turns to Diego crying. So, I go in the room to find that Delaney was trying to get closer to Diego & accidentally scratched his face. Then, Delaney starts to cry because she feels bad he's crying. Sigh!! Why can't they ever just go to sleep, I thought. So, I get them settled back down & I leave the room. Delaney is still kinda sniffling & crying. I tell Nate to go in there & deal with it and he finally does about 15 minutes later. He tells me this morning what the whole issue was. Apparently, Diego told her he was leaving in the morning on a train for 3 days. She was upset that he wasn't going to be coming back & started to cry. Nate says Diego was so involved in this story that he started believing himself & kinda started to get sad. He told her he didn't want to go. Hilarious! Well, the reason he said all of this was because he is going to ride the "Polar Express Train" at school today, but it's really just a pretend thing they're doing at school. All the kids are wearing their pj's, gloves, hats, jackets, etc & they're going to have hot cocoa & pretend they're at the North Pole. Anyway, these kids are too much. I just wish I was able to constantly record my life (and be able to edit or push the "off" button, of course) in order to capture these amazing moments that will never take place again. I just wish I could show the actual footage to my kids one day. Can you imagine?

No comments:

Post a Comment