Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On a bike ride

I let the kids ride their bikes to their nana's house today so Diego could finish off the rest of his ice cream cake from Sunday. We hung out there for a bit & then started back home as today was pretty cold out, for Arizona anyway. On our way back, we were crossing the street & Delaney decides to stop in the middle of the street just as a car is approaching, rather quickly I might add. I'm making sure Diego makes it to the sidewalk & I turn to her & yell to hurry up. She sits there pointing at this stupid cat on the other side of the street that was also crossing. Even the cat knew to hurry up to cross, but not Delaney. She just sat there & then I got scared 'cuz this car was coming & I'm still yelling at her to MOVE! I finally start pushing her & yelling at her & she starts crying. All of this just because she wanted to show me a freaking cat! She cried most of the way home. Once we got here, I sat her down & explained to her why I yelled & how we never stop in the middle of the road, EVER! She tells me, "I'm very sorry mommy and I will never, ever do that again...next year." Huh? Well, I guess the apology is good enough...even if it means I have to wait til next year for her to hold up her end of the deal. Gotta love a 3 yr old's way of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment