Saturday, November 21, 2009

Breakfast, pretend play & a little attitude

This morning when Delaney woke up she wanted to eat breakfast...as she does every day the very second she wakes up. I asked her if she wanted shredded wheat or oatmeal. She says oatmeal. So, I fix her the maple & brown sugar flavored oatmeal and she starts to eat it. She turns to me and say, "mommy, this oatmeal isn't as tasty as it looks...I want the oatmeal I picked out at the store yesterday because this kind isn't tasty." So, I add a little more brown sugar to it & she asks to smell the sugar before I put it away. She eats it all right up!

We had Laney's soccer game this morning and then came home to hang out until Diego plays later today. Delaney asks to bring a chair over to sit right next to me. She then brings her dora doll & a small little butterfly over to play with. Here I thought she wanted to play alone, but be closer to me. Oh no, she gets a little irritated and says, "MOM, you have to pick up the butterfly & talk to Dora...don't just leave it there!" Sheesh, excuse me!

A little later Diego is bugging me for something to eat & I tell him to find something. Apparently, my tone wasn't pleasant because he said to me, "mom, if you're mad at Laney you shouldn't talk to me like you're mad at me". Wow, he taught me a lesson, huh? I just told him he was right and I shouldn't show anger towards him if I'm mad at someone else. What a cutie patootie!

No comments:

Post a Comment